12/01/2014

Mxr Headphone Amp + ROG Condor Cab Sim

This is  my silence practice rig, it is an mxr heaphone amp (layout by mirosol) and a runoffgroove Condor Cab Sim in one 1590bb box. Each one has its own input and output jacks, but I used switched jacks and the output of the cab sim is internally connected to the input of the headphone amp when neither of them has a cable connected. This is not one of my best looking builds but its the most used one.




I did my own layout for the Condor, and included a switch to select between condor and marshall simulator. I used a bicolor led.



6 comments:

  1. how well does it take pedals? would they overdrive the condor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use it to test all my builds. In the "condor mode" with minimum gain it doesn't overdrive unless you push it hard (e.g. dirt/od pedal at high volume), it has no problem at all with unity gain (delay, chorus, reverb) effects. I just turn down the volume of the last pedal in chain for unity and use the heaphone amp volume pot.

    In Marshall mode I can overdrive it just with my guitar if I play hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great built, very inspiring!

    I'm thinking of building a cab sim / headphone amp too. How would you compare the simple cab sim you posted above with the Condor?
    I already have a couple preamp pedals (EP boost, Madbean Lavache) that should work well with a simple cab sim, so I'm not sure I need all the options the Condor has.

    Again, congrats for the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The above scheme is just cab, okay? The headphone assembly is not in the schematic. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a nice layout!
    As a newbie I wonder which in and out jacks you are using and how you wire them to make it work as described?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. Reverb Delay Calculator

    ReplyDelete