04/07/2013

Corgi Amp

This is one of the first things I built. I really wanted a little amp to practice at home as I don't have a proper amp at the moment. I usually play through an audio interface with an amp sim but its not the same as a real speaker, so I decided to build a Ruby Amp.

The Ruby Amp it's a 9v battery amp using an LM386 power amp, designed  by runoffgroove.com. The layout was made by the user rizibiz from freestompboxes.org. The layout is for the bassman mod version of the Ruby.


I included a gain knob and a grit switch just like in the Noisy Cricket by beavisaudio.com.
I used a generic 8ohm speaker I found in a local electronic shop here in Madrid, in Barquillos street, and the shop owner is from Canary Islands, just like me :).

I must say I'm very happy with the result, this little thing has a lot of sounds and can be really noisy. You can see what it can do in the video. I recorded it with my phone so don't expect too much quality.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment